Books about Anguilla

Loading...

Sunday 29 June 2014

ANGUILLA... I TRULY CARE ABOUT YOU!


FRITZ4CHANGE - 2015


Mr. Statchel "Fritz" Warner, D-6 Independent Candidate 
2015 - General Elections on Anguilla 
My Fellow Anguillians

It's quite natural that you the electorate would want to hear my plans and ideas for the upcoming general elections, and how I will represent you, my people. I have a number of pet projects that I know will be of tremendous long-term benefit to Anguilla. I already discussed several of these ideas with the present government but apparently they lacked the initiative or intellectual capacity to follow through. I also find the opposition to conservative to make the radical changes that will transform Anguilla.

Outside of the normal issues in Health and Education that I know most Anguillians are concerned about, problems that arise from our small-scale operations. I believe the next important issue that threatens Anguilla survival, as a modern economy is ENERGY. After all we are living in the last days of affordable crude oil and its time Anguilla make a speedy transition to a greener future. There will be significant health and environmental benefits from this transition. When I am elected if it means that I have to globe troth like our present Chief Minister, it will be to ensure Anguilla gets a SOLAR THERMAL PLANT. This is my number one priority. The cost of electricity in Anguilla must become affordable to all persons and businesses if we are going to be competitive.

My number two priority is to push for ELECTORAL REFORM. I expect to receive much resistance form the entrenched elements in the political arena as any reform could change the entire game. However its time we make our democracy work and create a system capable of moving Anguilla forward. Thirdly, I will push for TAX REFORM; the present structures handicap the economy and significantly reduce Anguilla competitiveness with surrounding islands. Finally, I would like to see IMMIGRATION REFORM; our xenophobia might have served us well in the past but its time we change to survive.

If I can accomplish this rather short but fundamental list given to you in a nutshell, I can go return to my
children and rest assured that Anguilla is on the path to sustainable growth and development.

By: Statchel Warner
Mr. Statchel Warner studied BSc International Relations, Cert. Social Services at University of the West Indies. He is a Thinker, Writer, Activist, Politician (former Anguillian National Alliance (ANA) Candidate), Entrepreneur, and a candidate for the Road South District-6 Constituency in the General Elections on Anguilla in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity” – MLK.