Books about Anguilla

Loading...

Saturday 28 February 2009

Even a Genie found it difficult

An Anguillian was walking along Shoal Bay beach thinking about life, its choices and challenges, when he stumbled upon an old corked bottle. He picked it up, uncorked and rubbed it, and lo-and-behold a Genie appeared. He talked with him awhile then the Genie told him he would grant him ONE wish. The man said that he heard from a cousin that he would get three wishes if he ever found a Genie.

The Genie said, “Nope!… sorry, three-wish genies are a story-tale myth. I'm a ONE-WISH Genie. So... what will it be?”

The man did not hesitate. He said, “I want peace in the Middle East. See this map, I want these countries to stop fighting with each other and I want all the Arabs to love Jews and Americans and vice-versa. It will bring about world peace and harmony.”

The Genie looked at the map and exclaimed, “Lawd Man, A wahwrang wid you? PLEASE BE REASONABLE! These countries have been at war for thousands of years. I am out of shape after being in a bottle for five hundred years. I am good, but NOT THAT GOOD!!! I don't think it can be done. Please make another wish… and please!… I beg of you... be reasonable.”

The man thought for a minute and said, “Well, I have never been able to trust an Anguillian politician… you know, one who is truly patriotic, intelligent and hard working. You know… one that is trustworthy, considerate, financially secured and prepared for leadership… someone who has clean hands; confidence; vision; commitment; who is dedicated to service; has an artistic quality; and who will encourage others to dream, hope, believe and work hard… I am talking about a mentor-like figure… that is what I wish for... a great Anguillian LEADER.”

The Genie let out a long sigh, shook his head and said, “Let me see that friggin map again!… DAMNNNN!!!!!!!”

Someone past and mentioned ‘Corrupt-de-Don’. The Genie got furious and swears, “phucking-hell… he will take you straight underground!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity” – MLK.